Invisalign in Georgetown CT is a means by which people of all ages can realize the beauty of a new smile thanks to straight and perfectly aligned teeth.
Young adults and professionals can realize the aesthetic advantage of being able to have their teeth straightened with the clear aligners available with Invisalign.
Traditional metal bands and brackets were once the norm when braces were needed to straighten teeth. But with the introduction of Invisalign, straightening teeth can now be completed through the use of clear, soft plastic aligners. In addition to the advantage of their transparency, Invisalign also offers the ability to:
- Remove the aligners while eating. This means all your favorite foods, as well as nutritious fruits and vegetables that might be sacrificed to wear traditional braces, can remain on your menu.
- Remove the aligners to perform daily hygiene. Flossing wearing traditional braces is cumbersome and tedious. Brushing alone might leave behind harmful bacteria that could lead to dental decay.
- Eliminate the wires used with traditional braces. Wires can break or rub against soft tissue in the mouth causing cuts and sores.
- Smile with confidence because you are straightening your teeth without a mouthful of metal.
- Eliminate uncomfortable adjustments. The aligners work gently to straighten your teeth.
Your Invisalign provider will consult with you to see if you are a candidate for this teeth straightening method. If you have an issue with overcrowding causing an overbite, cross bite, or under bite, or you have unwanted gaps or spaces between your teeth, Invisalign has a solution.
Thanks to the technology employed by the Invisalign process, a series of clear plastic aligners will be devised specifically for you. Your orthodontist will monitor your progress and update you with a new aligner every few weeks. The aligners will slowly and gently shift your teeth to their correct position. So not only are you creating a new smile by re-aligning your teeth, the transformation is completed in such a subtle fashion that your family and friends will have to ask you “what’s different?”
Invisalign aligners must be worn a minimum of twenty to twenty-two hours per day to achieve the desired goal in the prescribed time. For most adults, the process will generally take six months to two years. For the younger set and teens, the time prescribed is typically the same as traditional metal bands and brackets. Your Georgetown CT Orthodontics Invisalign solution is just a consultation away. Call 203-544-9338 today!